Find link to entry form at bottom of this page
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1.ELIGIBILITY: Kauai Family magazine 2022 cover kids search (the “contest”) is open only to Kaua’i residents, between two (2) and eleven (11) years of age by November 1, 2021.
2. SPONSOR: Kauai Family magazine
3. CONTEST PERIOD: the contest runs between 10 a.m. Hawai‘i Standard Time (“HST”) on August 4, 2021 and 11:59 p.m. HST on November 15, 2021 (the “contest period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the contest.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Upload and submit a photograph of your child (the “photo”) on KauaiFamilyMagazine.com. A $20 online entry fee will be charged for each child. You must be the parent or legal guardian of the child featured in the photo. The “Finalists’ must attend the judging event on December 5, 2021 to help determine contest winners. By completing the registration, uploading your photo and paying the online entry fee, you agree that your photo conform(s) to the photo guidelines and content restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “guidelines and restrictions”) and that sponsors, in their sole discretion, may remove your photo if they believe, in their sole discretion, that your photo fails to conform to the guidelines and restrictions in any way, in which case you shall be disqualified from the contest.
• The Photo must be the property of the entrant’s parent and/or legal guardian. Professional photographs will not be accepted as those are still technically property of the photographer;
• The Photo must be no larger than two (2) MB;
• The Photo must be in .jpeg format;
• The Photo must have been taken within the last three (3) months prior to the date of submission;
• The Photo submitted must only include the image of one child;
• The Photo must not be altered or manipulated, except for cropping, red eye removal and adjustment for color and brightness;
• The Photo must be in color;
• The Photo cannot have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means previously.
• The Photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• The Photo must not contain brand names or trademarks;
• The Photo must not contain photos or artwork not created by entrant;
• The Photo must not contain material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The Photo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
• The Photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Photo is created.
For all Photos: Your Photo(s) will be posted online and viewed by other people. At the conclusion of the Contest, Photos may be viewable online. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Photos, which are disqualified. Limit: You may submit one (1) Photo per child during the Submission Phase. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of photos by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries and he/she may be disqualified.
Entries must be submitted by the original photographer or entrant must have obtained the ownership rights in the Photo. Do not submit a Photo taken by someone other than you if you have not obtained the ownership rights in the Photo. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted. Your submission of a Photo is your guarantee that you are the copyright holder of the Photo.
Contestants retain the copyright to their photographs, and all rights thereto, except as follows. By entering the Contest, contestants agree to have their Photo displayed on the Contest website without any fee or other form of compensation, and agree that Kauai Family Magazine and media partners may display winning photographs in a “past winners” photo gallery and may make and retain copies of the photograph for archival and promotional purposes. Photographs will be credited to the contestant named in the entry form. In the event that ownership of any photograph submitted is contested in any manner, Sponsors may disqualify that photograph and discontinue use of the photograph. Photographs produced during the photo shoot shall be the sole and exclusive property of Kauai Family Magazine and winner shall have no rights to such photos. Kauai Family may elect to use such photographs in conjunction with marketing campaigns without any fee or any form of compensation to the contestants or their respective children.
6. JUDGING/VOTING/CONTEST WINNER DETERMINATION:
(a) Judging by Qualified Panel: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges (selected by Kauai Family Magazine staff in their sole discretion), whose decisions regarding the Contest and related matters are final and binding, will select from all eligible entrants who enter a Photo during the Submission Phase, judges will select finalists. The judges will make this decision based upon the overall appearance of the child as shown in the Photo, overall personality of the child as expressed through the Photo.. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more entries for the last Finalist, the entry with the highest score for overall appearance will be deemed the Finalist. Should a tie remain, a new judge (determined by Kauai Family Magazine staff in their sole discretion) will re-judge the remaining tied entries based upon all criteria set forth above. If the qualified panel is unavailable for any reasons to judge the Finalist Photos, then new judges shall be selected by Kauai Family Magazine in its sole discretion.
(B) CONTEST WINNER DETERMINATION:, The twenty (20) finalists that received the highest number of votes by the judges will be finalists. The “Finalists’ must attend a judging event to help determine contest winners. SIX (6) finalists will be deemed the COVER KID Winners.
7. FINALIST VERIFICATION/DISQUALIFICATION: Potential finalists will be notified by phone or email using the contact information given at the time of entry. Finalists must attend a judging event to help determine contest winners. Each potential finalist (parent or legal guardian) will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability & publicity release (“affidavit”). Potential finalists will also be required to execute releases and photo releases for Kauai Family magazine and media partners. The sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify a finalist for any reason relating to behavioral issues with respect to the finalist’s child and/or illness/death of finalist’s child. In the event of disqualification, sponsors will select another potential finalist in accordance with the judging procedures listed in section 5(a), up to two (2) times (if time permits), after which the applicable finalist prize will not be awarded.
8. All entries will be automatically subscribed to Kauai Familyʻs free weekly enewsletter. You may opt out at any time.
9. All online entries will also be automatically subscribed to Kauai Family Magazine. You may unsubscribe at any time.