Frequently Asked Questions about Kauai Family’s Cover Kids Search.
1. How do I enter?
Enter directly online and pay with PayPal or a credit card.
2. Who is eligible to enter?
Any Kauai county resident is eligible. Children must be 2-11 years old as of November 1, 2021.
3. Where do I find an entry form?
Visit our website at www.KauaiFamilyMagazine.com to enter contest online.
4. How much does it cost to enter?
It costs $20 for each entry.
5. Can I enter more than one child?
Yes. Each child entered will need a separate entry form, photo and registration fee.
6. What type of photo should I submit?
Choose a photo that shows the unique features or personality of your child. Photos do not need to be professionally taken. We are looking for clear, close-up photos, with only one person in the photo. Preferably no hat or anything that blocks the face or leaves a shadow. The child should be facing forward (not sideways) with minimal background.
7. Will the photo I submit be used on the cover?
No. A photo shoot with Kauai Family Magazine will be scheduled for each Cover Kid Winner. However, if your child is selected as a finalist, the photo you submitted will be posted on our website and social media.
8. How many photos can I submit?
We prefer one photo per entry.
9. How recent should the photo be?
The photo should be taken within three months of the entry date.
10. Will the photo I submit be returned?
No. Photos will not be returned.
11. How does it work?
Step 1: Kauai Family Magazine will select 20 finalists from the photos submitted.
Step 2: The finalists will appear before a panel of judges for a brief interview scheduled for December 5, 2021. Six Cover Kid Winners will be selected by our judges.
12. How will I be notified if my child is a finalists?
All entrants will receive an email or phone call informing them of the results. The submitted photos of the finalists will be posted on our website and social media.
13. When will we find out who the winners are?
The six winners will be notified within three weeks of the judging event. Their names and photos will be published in Kauai Family Magazine and online.
14. What happens to the personal information I provided to Kauai Family Magazine?
For additional information, please contact our Cover Kids Team at info@KauaiFamilyMagazine.com