Here is an easy ice cream recipe to make. Especially great for the summer time
Strawberry Ice Cream By Chef Mark Oyama
Makes 1 quart
1 lb strawberries, hulled
1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups heavy cream
- Hull and quarter the strawberries, then add the sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Crush, mash and beat ‘em up. You can use a pastry blender, potato masher or fork. Let them sit and macerate for 15 minutes. The sugar pulls the juices out.
- Next, pour half of this mix into a blender or food processor and blend till smooth. Pour back into the bowl with the remaining crushed strawberries.
- Pour in the heavy cream and whisk it all together.
- Wrap and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours and then spin in an ice cream maker. Transfer to the freezer to firm up.